The evolution of the flashcard has just landed on the iTunes app store! This app has been in the making for many years and I’m really excited to release it to the world.
FlαshGrεεk puts multimedia Greek flashcards on your iOS device. What do I mean by multimedia?
- an image mnemonic
- a scripture example
- additional info on the word (part of speech, applicable English derivatives, principal parts of verbs)
FlashGreek is packaged in numerous ways. First - there is a unique version of FlashGreek compatible with most of the major intro Greek grammars out there:
- David Alan Black, Learn to Read New Testament Greek (2009) [app link]
- N. Clayton Croy, Biblical Greek Primer (1999) [app link]
- Jeremy Duff, Elements of New Testament Greek (2005) [app link]
- James Hewett, New Testament Greek (2009) [app link]
- William Mounce, Basics of Biblical Greek (2009) [app link]
- Gerald Stevens, New Testament Greek Primer (2010) [app link]
- (soon!) S. M. Baugh, A New Testament Greek Primer (2009)
All of these are priced at only $5.99. These are ideal for students who are only taking 1 year of Greek. But if you’ll be in Greek for the long haul then….
FlashGreek Pro kicks it up a notch by containing every single word in the Greek New Testament. In addition to being compatible with ALL of the intro grammars mentioned above, FlashGreek Pro users can also study by frequency or by root (a future version will include the ability to study by book chapters of the NT too!). There is also a special Principal Parts mode where intermediate students can drill themselves on principal parts. FlashGreek Pro is only $8.99.
Check out the page for FlashGreek over on NTGreekResources.com (http://tiny.cc/flashgreek)
And in case you are wondering — YES ! FlashGreek (all of the versions) will make their way to Android soon